Friday, January 25, 2008

Huh? What? I must have overslept! Somebody get TED on the line!

Sorry about the lack of posting my babies. I've been slacking a bit. Busy, chillin', shopping for new kicks... you know the deal. So to wake things back up, I'm posting an amazing find sent to me from my guy Shawn Hartley of Ad Pulp.

The TED Conference is an amazing gathering of speakers rallying around the idea of sharing information that moves modern culture. TED stands for Technology, Entertainment, Design. It started out (in 1984) as a conference bringing together people from those three worlds. Since then its scope has become ever broader.

The TED site has started to share the video feeds from their speakers of past conferences free for streaming and download. This is an amazing wellspring of insights, information and inspiration.

Here's a vid of Paola Antonelli, design curator for MoMA-New York, speaking about "Treating design as art":



"Talks" @ TED Dot Com
TED Homepage

No comments: